We’re just three days away from the closure of the January transfer window and so far West Ham have failed to add a single player to its thin squad.
David Moyes is eager to add a defender and a striker to his playing roster at the very least, but no deals have been completed at this stage.
Despite a lack of actual action, there are still loads of transfer rumours doing the rounds as the club seemingly scrambles to complete some late business. It’s getting to the stage when panic buying becomes a serious option, although David Moyes has always insisted he won’t be forced into signing someone if he doesn’t think they’re right for his squad.
So here’s a look at all the latest West Ham news and transfers rumours from the last 24 hours…
West Ham Transfer Rumours
- West Ham are considering a shock late swoop for Leeds United winger Raphinha, with the Yorkshire club thought to be looking for a fee in excess of £50m for the Brazil international – Sky Sports
- West Brom goalkeeper Sam Johnstone remains a top target for the Hammers, with reports claiming David Moyes might attempt to bring him to east London before the end of the winter transfer window – The Mirror (via Football FanCast)
- Reports in France claim West Ham are close to completing a deal for Marseille defender Duje Caleta-Car, with the switch expected to worth around €24m – Foot Sur 7
- Reims striker Hugo Ekitike remains a transfer target for the Hammers and while the French club reportedly value their hitman at £25m, talks are ongoing between the two clubs – Sky Sports
- Nottingham Forest are interested in West Ham youngster Emmanuel Longelo and the Hammers are open to either a loan or permanent deal, although Forest are yet to meet the club’s valuation – Football.London
- David Moyes has ruled out any chance of Darren Randolph leaving the club this month, with Aston Villa reportedly having made an approach to loan the shot-stopper – Football.London
- West Ham are considering a late move for Chelsea striker Armando Broja, who is impressing on loan at Southampton – WestHamFans.org
- Aji Alese is expected to leave West Ham on loan before the end of the transfer window, with a move to an EFL side the more likely destination – Football.London
- West Ham could try to complete a late January deal for Sparta Prague defender David Hancko – GiveMeSport
West Ham News
- Michail Antonio played 72 minutes as Jamaica lost 2-1 Mexico in FIFA World Cup qualifier on Thursday night – whufc.com
- West Ham youngster Armstrong Oko-Flex would be a better option off the bench than Andriy Yarmolenko, claims Football.London’s Tom Clark – We Are West Ham Podcast
- Armstrong Oko-Flex and Sonny Perkins are expected to start West Ham’s FA Cup fourth-round clash v. Kidderminster Harriers next weekend – We Are West Ham Podcast
Want more West Ham content?
Click here for West Ham News!
Click here for West Ham Podcasts!
Click here for West Ham Videos!